Translate

Friday, November 30, 2012

Cute little Owl and Angry Bird Hat (with a link to free pattern)



These were my first try of making these hats! The owl hat is perfect for that little girl or adults with a fascination with owls (as you can clearly see I have!)

The Angry Bird hat is my favorite! I had so much fun making it, and it took me only a few hours! It's so fast and easy! The right eye brow looks a little wonk because of the way the hat was sitting, but it is pure perfection! I made this for a little boy who loves Angry Birds! The nose is different from the pattern.

My nose pattern: (for the Angry Bird hat)
**For a small nose to fit a child's size hat**
Ch 6
Row 1: Sc in 1st ch from hook and across, ch 1, turn
Row 2. Sc decrease, sc next 2, sc decrease, ch 1, turn
Row 3. 2 sc decreases, ch 1, turn
Row 4. Sc decrease, fasten off, leave long tail for sewing.

**For a larger nose for an adult size hat**
Ch 10
Row 1: Sc in 1st ch from hook and across, ch 1, turn
Row 2: Sc decrease, sc next 6, sc decrease, ch 1, turn
Row 3: Sc decrease, sc next 4, sc decrease, ch 1, turn
Row 4: Sc decrease, sc next 2, sc decrease, ch 1, turn
Row 5: 2 sc decreases, ch 1, turn
Row 6: Sc decrease, fasten off, leave long tail fro sewing.


You can find links to both patterns below.

For sizes newborn-adult owl hat, go HERE.
For child-adult size Angry Bird hat, go HERE

2 comments:

  1. I lik the modification you did for the angry bird's nose! Much easier than the 3D :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought so to! It takes way less yarn, and much faster! Lol.

      Delete